I thought you might like to know a bit more about Cat’s Paw Cove!
Many readers tell us they wished it was a real place. Wonderful! That means the Cat’s Paw Cove authors are doing something right! All of us believe that everyone deserves their happily ever after, no matter who you are, where you come from, what period you live (or lived in!), or what magical abilities you have.
You can read all about Cat’s Paw Cove at www.catspawcoveromance.com and the creative geniuses behind this concept, authors Catherine Kean and Wynter Daniels. Meanwhile here are a few interesting tidbits.
- Cat’s Paw Cove is a fictional town, located south of St. Augustine on Florida’s Atlantic coast.
- The name derived from the small islands in the harbor, which look like the pads of a cat’s paw.
- The town was founded in 1645 by British families who survived a shipwreck on their way from England to Barbados.
- The shipwrecked vessel was the Guinevere that encountered a violent storm and sank off the coast of Florida in a hook-shaped harbor. Most, but not all of the passengers survived.
- There’s something unusual about the town’s residents.
- Most of the town’s cats descend from a fictional breed called the Sherwood cats that originated in Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire. Their facial markings resemble eye masks like Robin Hood might have worn. And they have magical abilities.
Guest authors create their story-within-a-story in Cat’s Paw Cove and blend their stories within the context of existing businesses and characters. That’s when the fun begins!
I created my storyline based on my family ancestry research. My 9th great grandmother was Rebecca Towne Nurse, who sadly found her place in history after being hanged as a witch in 1692 during the Salem witch fervor. I’ve become addicted to learning more about this period in our history and my ancestor. I discovered Rebecca’s mother was a Blessing, and that name became the genesis of my Cat’s Paw Cove family. I had a name. But I needed a story.
That’s when the “what if” game began! Though Goody Nurse was innocent of any blasphemous evil, “what if” there were townspeople who practiced magic? “What if” they escaped before they too were murdered?
“What if” one particular family, the Blessings, had an inherited gift of bringing the dead forward that was passed from generation to generation for centuries? “What if” one fine day in modern times, Dr. Theodosia Blessing, the wonder-child of historians around the world, yearned for anonymity after renouncing this magical inheritance? “What if” she returned to her hometown of Cat’s Paw Cove, Florida, reinvented herself as Theo the potter, and lived with her familiar, a cat named Aloysius?
And “what if” she discovers she can no more renounce the gift than win an argument with her mind-reading tortoiseshell cat?
Just “what if,” indeed!